1. Make up your mind to be happy. Learn to fine pleasure in simple things.
2. Make the best in your ciscumstances. No one has everything, and everyone has something of sorrowintermingled with gladness of life. The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears.
3. Don't take yourself too seriously. Dont think that somehow you should be protected from misfortune that befalls other people.
4. You can't please verbody. Don't let criticism worry you.
5. Don't let your neighbor set your standrads. Be yourself.
6. Do the things you enjoy doing but stay out of debt.
7. Do not hurt anyone with your actions
8. Since hate poisons the soul, do not cherish jealousy, avoid people who make you unhappy.
9. Have many interests. If you can't travel, read about new places.
10. Don't hold postmortems. Don't spend your time brooding over sorros or mistakes. Don't be one who never gets over things.
11. Do what you can for those less fortunate than yourself.
12. Keep busy at something. A busy person never has time to be unhappy.