The influenza virus or flu are just around us every rainy season. One type of flu is transmitted from cold while others are from the stomach flu. But there are ways to protect ourselves from getting sick or getting a flu and further avoid infecting the whole family.
1. One of the most important thing that you can do to prevent the flu and the spread of germs in the body is by frequent hand washing. The best way to do it is by using the right anti-bacterial soap, enough water and scrub the hands and nails up to the wrist for 15 – 20 seconds. If for instance you don’t have time to wash your hands, always bring with you a hand sanitizer .
2. The other method to prevent flu is by annual flu vaccine. Vaccination is done from September to December or even up to January during winter or rainy season in your country. Ask your doctor about the flu vaccine or any information needed to avoid side effects.
3. Use anti-bacterial wipes to clean the house or office. The flu virus or any virus can live up to 24 hours on certain things but using anti-bacterial can kill up to 99 percent of germs. The Clorox wipes are good anti-bacterial cleaner but always make sure that anti-bacterial is stated in the container prior to use.
4. Put a humidifier at home and use nasal sprays. The mucous membrane must always be protected for us to avoid the spread of germs. The dry air of winter weakens the mucous membrane and easily makes way for the flu virus to enter the body and become contagious.
5. Exercise daily. Exercise strengthens the immune system and helps fight against flu. A healthy body able to resist any kinds of flu.
6. Have enough sleep at night. The body can easily recover from the day activity and stress when you sleep. Sleeping is helpful to overcome flu and intensify the natural body strength.